Custom Aluminum Extrusions in Iowa
Hydro Extrusion is the leading manufacturer of standard and custom aluminum extrusions for Iowa businesses. We offer cost-effective solutions in large circle size, multi-void hollow extrusions and other complex profiles, a wide range of alloys and surface finishes, single-source fabrication, component assembly, kitting and logistics, and complete product development.
As part of the world’s largest aluminum profile company, Hydro provides technical and production services to customers around the world from a large network of facilities throughout North America, South America, Europe, and Asia. Our global footprint gives us an unsurpassed capacity for supporting the product needs of the world’s largest businesses.
What advantages can you expect from completing the custom extrusion process with Hydro from start to finish?
- Superior customization.
We can easily change dies and formulas to create an amazing range of customization from start to finish.
- Greater alloy selection.
Since we cast our own material, we are able to offer more than 10 different standard alloys or design a specific alloy to meet your unique needs.
- Lower production costs.
Customers enjoy significant savings when all factory processes are done under one roof.
- Better quality control.
All problems can be addressed at their source.
- Faster processing times.
Orders can be competed quickly when parts do not have to be outsourced for punching, drilling, painting, polishing, welding or CNC machining.
Hydro Shapes the Future of Business
With new investments from IT companies and the expanding renewable energy, power generation, and advanced manufacturing sectors in Iowa, our customers can enjoy the diverse aluminum extrusion capabilities offered by several regional Hydro facilities, including:
- Hydro Yankton in South Dakota offers cutting-edge manufacturing equipment, a highly skilled staff, and the experience necessary to manage any product. Extrusion presses include 1,800 ton (7”), 2,750 ton (9”), 3,000 ton (8”, 10”) and 3,500 ton (10”). We can supply all shapes, alloys and tempers, from one millimeter to several feet long in size.
- Hydro North Liberty in Indiana provides engineering assistance for product design, complicated hollow configurations and knurling for non-skid floor systems, as well as 6005, 6060, 6061, 6063, and 6105 alloy expertise. The team in North Liberty has partnered with customers for over 50 years to deliver turnkey aluminum extrusion solutions.
Our facilities also offer unsurpassed fabrication capabilities include punching, shearing, notching, tumble deburr, sawing, precision cutting, miter cutting, bending, MIG welding, crimping and CNC machining. Hydro also offers the greatest selection of premier coatings and colors. Our painting facilities include:
- 2 Booth Vertical Wet Paint to 21'
- 4 Booth Vertical Wet Paint
- Intermix Capabilities (full service applicator)
- Liquid Horizontal to 28'
- Liquid Paint (2 Electrostatic Vertical Wet Lines)
- Liquid Vertical to 25'
- Powder Coat (1 Vertical Powder Line) to 25'
- 3 powder coat lines and 9 liquid paint lines
For the latest in anodized finishes, we offer facilities for:
- Parts up to 31.5 feet in length
- Clear Anodizing
- Two-Step Anodizing (aka Electrolytic Coloring)
- Electrolytically deposited color for architectural bronze finishes
- Hard-coat anodizing
- Acid Etch
- Brite Dip to 18’
- Traditional Caustic Etch
Get in touch with Hydro Extrusion for custom aluminum extrusions in Iowa and throughout the Midwest. We will provide the latest innovative business solutions and engineering, design, and marketing services to take your product from idea to completion.