Hydro is a fully integrated aluminium company with 35,000 employees in 40 countries on all continents, combining local expertise, worldwide reach and unmatched capabilities in R&D. In addition to production of primary aluminium, rolled and extruded products and recycling, Hydro also extracts bauxite, refines alumina and generates energy to be the only 360° company of the global aluminium industry. Hydro is present within all market segments for aluminium, with sales and trading activities throughout the value chain serving more than 30,000 customers.
Based in Norway and rooted in more than a century of experience in renewable energy, technology and innovation, Hydro is committed to strengthening the viability of its customers and communities, shaping a sustainable future through innovative aluminium solutions.
The Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) department is responsible for driving Hydro’s CSR agenda, managing and coordinating company policies and initiatives in the areas of human rights, ethics, and other society and community related issues. This corporate staff unit is dedicated to our strategic goal of going beyond compliance, making a positive difference - in the communities where we operate, and among our joint ventures and suppliers.
We are now hiring a CSR Manager to join our team. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to developing and implementing our CSR strategy and efforts, improving tools to measure results and strengthening CSR as a competitive advantage for Hydro.
Area of Responsibility
- Contribute to developing and implementing our corporate CSR strategy, goals, and plans, including continuous improvement of tools to measure results and provide benchmarking
- Develop and maintain corporate directives, guidelines, systems, and tools relevant to CSR
- Participate in business development projects and provide input to country risk analysis, advising line and corporate units on CSR related matters
- Conduct CSR assessments and reviews
- Develop and carry out internal CSR training
- Contribute in maintaining external CSR networks
- Continuously develop and maintain stakeholder dialogue and engagement
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Minimum three years’ experience with implementing sustainability projects in a corporate environment, combining business understanding with relevant policy fields
- Analytical and project management skills are required
- Advanced user of the Microsoft Office package, primarily PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent command of verbal and written English is required, professional proficiency in Norwegian will be considered as an advantage
To succeed in this role, we believe you have strong personal integrity and a highly analytical and structured approach. You are proactive and self-going, with a track record of achieving results through the collaboration with others. You like to be hands-on, to work both strategically and operationally, and you manage to assess and prioritize key issues while seeing the bigger picture. If you are also skilled at building relationships and enjoy a vibrant work environment, we would very much like to consider your application.
Hydro is a global and dynamic company made up by ambitious and talented co-workers that challenge and reward each other. As our colleague, you will be given the opportunity and responsibility to develop your skills. Make your talent count – renew the future!
For this position, some travelling is expected.
Only applications received through our online system will be considered, not via e-mail. Please enclose all relevant transcripts with your application (academic records/diplomas, certificates etc.).